Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Delightful Treats !


The delightful treat is that people would read my blog and want something from me !! You all bless me and here is the recipe for
Quinoa Peanut Butter Granola Bars .

2 Cups red or white quinoa flake



1/4 cup of ground flax seed



1/2 cup of finely shredded unsweetened coconut



1/2 cup lightly roasted salted Almonds



1 cup chopped Dried fruit medley



1/4 cup brown sugar



1/2 cup Peanut Butter



1/2 cup honey



2 tsp vanilla



2 egg whites



Preheat oven to 350*, Combine quinoa flakes, ground flax seed , coconut, almonds and dried fruit. Set aside. Place brown sugar , peanut butter, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar dissolves and peanut butter begins to melt, about 4 minutes. Add to the dry ingredients, along with egg whites. ( I just realised , I forgot the egg whites, or I don't remember putting them in,( age !!) but it still was good, so I think it would stick together better. ) Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Spread mixture evenly into dish and smooth top. Bake for 25 minutes, cool and then cut .

No comments:

Post a Comment